What would it be like to participate in the HaRTC Project?
What are Talking Circles?
- Contact us to find out more information at 509-324-7489 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet via phone/Zoom with HaRTC staff to find out if the project is a good fit for you
- Hear more information about the project
- Sign up for the project if you are interested
- Talk to HaRTC staff about how you are feeling and what your drinking is like
- If the study is a good fit, you will be invited to complete 3 questionnaire sessions, earning $40 for each, and attend the Circles.
An intertribal practice where people speak what is on their hearts.What are Harm Reduction Talking Circles (HaRTC)?
Designed with input from patients, staff, management and traditional health professionals at Seattle Indian Health Board (SIHB), Harm Reduction Talking Circles are Talking Circles without the requirement of sobriety and adapted for the virtual space (Zoom).What is Harm Reduction?
Harm Reduction approaches focus on 1) lessening the harms people and communities experience due to substance use and 2) improving quality of life. In harm reduction, people can choose to be sober if that's the right choice for them, but it's not required.Who can participate?
Can I bring my friend to the Circle?
- Self-identify as Indigenous, American Indian, and/or Alaska Native
- Are 21 years or older
- Have experienced problems with alcohol at some time in their lifetime – currently or in the past
If you refer a friend, receive a one-time $10 gift card.Where is the project taking place?
On Zoom, a secure video chat that is done over the internet. You can connect via smartphone, tablet, or computer.